Why Ciciban shoes?
The most natural way is to walk barefoot on rough surfaces, such as stone, sand or grass. Walking on these surfaces encourages the natural and healthy development of the muscles of the feet and stimulates the nerve fibres. Because of weather conditions, hard surfaces and our way of life, we are forced to wear shoes which is a very important factor in the healthy development of the feet from the first step on.
Footwear protects our feet from injuries and cold. So the proper choice of footwear is crucial regardless of age, since it enables the feet to develop naturally, and contributes to the well-being of the whole body.
Good shoes for children must be:
- roomy: a child’s feet grow very quickly, so we must choose shoes which are big enough. In this way the shoes do not squeeze the front part of the foot, since children’s feet are normally wider.
- flexible: a flexible sole, good flexibility over the toe joints and a soft upper part of the shoe are essential for a good shoe. Natural materials allow better ventilation of the shoe and provide more comfort.
Each child has a unique foot development which is different from other children, so wearing hand-me-down shoes is not recommended.
In the early stages of development children’s feet are soft; the metatarsal bones, ligaments and muscles have just started to develop. Wearing tight and narrow shoes at this time can cause the incorrect growth of the bones, muscles and ligaments, which can lead to abnormalities of the feet as the child grows up. When the time comes to select the first baby shoes, pay attention to the following factors:
- size of the shoe: the shoe must not squeeze the front part of the foot at its widest point, the front part should be wide enough for a child to grasp the surface with their toes, but not too big so the foot doesn’t swing or the shoe doesn’t come off.
- height of the shoe: the shoe should not be higher than the ankles, except in special weather conditions.
- flexible sole: the sole of the shoe should be flexible over the toe joints and should have a soft upper part.
- anatomical shape: provides comfort, protection and gentle support to the feet. This is not an orthopaedic shoe, since it does not treat abnormalities of the feet.
- inner shoe sock: made of soft and natural material for extra comfort when walking. The shoe sock should provide the necessary ventilation and flexibility to the feet when walking.
- soft and breathable: made of natural materials which allow your child’s feet to breathe.
- low heel: so the weight of the body can be distributed evenly over the whole foot.
Because of its anatomical shape and manufacturing method, Ciciban children’s shoes provide proper flexibility, protection, comfort and stability for your child’s feet.